Wednesday whispers: A shoulder to cry on

Wednesday whispers: A SHOULDER TO CRY ON


Sometimes in our lives, we all have pains and sorrows. While you cry and lean on that shoulder, make sure your body and heart stay intact. Quite often, a shoulder to cry on ultimately has a good chance of being a d*ck to ride on or a p*ssy to sink in. Now, this is what I mean! When circumstances arise, and life happens, the next thing that's usually most people's mind is getting someone to listen as you vent your anger or express yourself.
This moment of self-surrender as you pour your heart to who is there to listen is a vulnerable one, especially when the listener is a good one, and they know how and when to throw in a few words, letting us know they feel our pain and understand our point of view. Those right words would make any Tom or Tina appear like the right one because we suddenly see them in a new light. In the real sense, most of these so-called "listeners" know what you need to hear and would say it in a heartbeat.
There have been issues in the past where I went into a relationship because it made sense at that time. It really looked like the right thing to do, perhaps because I was heartbroken. I wasn't in the right state of mind where I could deeply question my decision as well as the source of the newfound feelings for this person. It didn't last, not because the other person was a bad person. No, that wasn't the reason.
On the contrary, he was kind to me. 
However, as time went by, I recovered from the situation only then did I realize what I had done. Unfortunately, the relationship had to end because it started on the wrong foot. People have been known to make pretty bad decisions in moments like this.
I am talking about this right now probably because now is one of those times in one's life when I desperately need someone to talk to, someone to be on my side, someone to remind me it isn't my fault and that it's a phase that would surely pass. Yes, it is one of those times. The main reason for that is because I am in a long-distance relationship. All thanks to serving my fatherland, we both get busy, sometimes we get so occupied and skip a few calls, not because we don't care about each other.
No, not because we aren't in love with each other, but sometimes our words fail us. Words fail to describe how much our heart hurts. You can't possibly describe every situation via phone calls. Just one glance at your face gives you away and reveals everything the words failed to say.
Anyone who can listen to how I feel right now, can read my expressions and understand that I am not okay could lead me to think and begin to develop a sense of fondness for that person.


On this note, I give myself and anyone who is in a similar situation this piece of advice "they do care, but life is happening, and people are trying to figure out their stuff." Someone is there when you really need to talk to doesn't make them right for you. The question is, "for how long will they be there?''

Comments

  1. This table you are shaking Ehn Lharmmy just know I am the chair ladyπŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex used to say a shoulder to cry on becomes a dick to ride on ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. True talk ma... Life always happens..... I'm impressed with this writeup

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday whispers; What really lies behind a successful man? A woman or a bunch of expectations